At Burdett Birth Center, we want to help you understand the costs associated with using our services – and help you take advantage of any assistance for which you may be eligible. For help with a cost estimate, or if you have questions about an invoice, please call (800) 223-9899 or email email@example.com.
Hospitals are required by law to make available information about their standard charges for the items and services they provide.
The information contained in this file is being provided in compliance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) requirement [FY 2019 IPPS/LTCH PPS Final Rule; CMS-1694-F] for hospitals to post a list of their standard charges online in a machine-readable format.
By clicking to download the list of standard charges below, you agree you have read and understand the following:
- The information contained in the file is current as of the last upload. Charge information is subject to periodic changes and the file will be updated as soon as practically possible to reflect such changes
- The file contains both the charge amount and the charge description of the item or service as reflected in the hospital’s chargemaster (CDM)
- A charge represents the dollar amount assigned to specific medical services before application of any negotiated discounts to third-party payers. The actual hospital charges will vary based on the type of care provided, treatments, individual health conditions and other factors. If you need an exact estimate of your out-of-pocket cost, please call or submit a request online as described elsewhere on this website. PLEASE NOTE THESE CHARGES DO NOT INCLUDE FEES FROM YOUR SURGEON, ANESTHESIOLOGIST OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES BILLED BY THE PHYSICIAN AND OTHER PROFESSIONAL PROVIDERS. Typically, you will be billed separately for these professional services
- Following the CMS guidelines, the information in this file represents the hospitals current standard charges as reflected in the CDM. However, it is important to understand that the information represented in the CDM is the starting point in many cases and can undergo additional adjustments through the billing process, therefore, please be aware:
- The charge shown is the original charge for the item or service prior to any adjustments that result from applying modifiers in certain situations
- The CDM is used in multiple hospital departments and may have different charges for the same item or service and such instances will repeat in the file. For a single chargemaster item, the charge is consistent; however, there may be slight variation in charges for services with similar descriptions for various reasons
- Charges for certain items or services are based on per unit, such as – including but not limited to – surgeries, anesthesia, and recovery which can be based on the unit of time and complexity; medications, drugs which can be based on weight-based dosage, age or packaging; etc.
- Certain items and or services have a zero dollar price in the CDM for a variety of reasons – contracted billing services that drop charges externally, no cost supplies, Investigational device or medication exemption items in clinical trials and studies, replacement for a recalled or defective device, explode codes and other system limitations. Such items and services will appear with zero dollar and is not reflective of the actual charge. In addition, items and or services are sometimes assigned a one penny price to reflect, for example, a state provided medication or drug, contrast items, therapy status codes used for CMS reporting, etc. and Is not reflective of the actual charge contained outside of the chargemaster
- The file may also contain CDM items for non-charges (such as payments, allowances, transactions, etc.)
- The file is voluminous and download may take excessive time depending on your internet speed
By clicking to download the list of standard charges below, you agree you have read and understand the above.
For your reference, here is a list of our standard charges, but understand that these will vary for each patient according to insurance, complexity, etc. These charges do not include costs for services provided by physicians/specialists (i.e., anesthesiologists, radiologists, surgeons, etc.). Here is a guide to those services and charges based on data compiled from the New York State Department of Health.
Burdett Birth Center participates in many health plan networks. For a list of the plans in which we participate, click here. As these health insurance companies offer many different types of health plans, we recommend that you consult your insurer for cost details and any necessary approvals before accessing our services.
Please note: For many of our services, there are “facility charges” (from Burdett Birth Center) and “physician/specialist charges.” Physicians/specialists may bill separately for their services and may or may not participate in the same health plans as Burdett Birth Center. Please check with the physician arranging your services to determine coverage and costs.
Burdett Birth Center is committed to minimizing the financial barriers to health care that exist for certain members of our community – particularly those not adequately covered by health insurance or governmental programs. If you are concerned that you may not be able to pay for your care, we may be able to provide financial assistance. In addition, we may be able to help you apply for low-cost health insurance or work with you to arrange a manageable payment plan. Please call our Financial Counselors at (518) 525-1565 or email SPHPFAP@sphp.com.
Please note: It is important that you let us know if you expect to have difficulty paying your bill. In the absence of a documented financial hardship, federal and state laws require hospitals to seek full payment from patients. This means that unless we are notified of your financial situation, we may turn unpaid bills over to a collection agency, which could affect your credit status.